Pelleport

The station opened on 27 November 1921.  It is in a stand-alone building in the Art Nouveau style designed by the architect Charles Plumet.

The station is situated in the 20th arrondissement, taking its name from the military leader Viscount Pierre de Pelleport (1773-1855).

Today it is served by the metro line 3bis. The line was reassigned the name 3bis on 27 March 1971, when the line 3 was extended in the direction Gallieni and this station was split off.

 

stair entrance

 

Stair access to the station.

The sign above the door is the station name in mixed case and M  3bis. The white door can be closed and locked. A yellow light on the frame warns of any trouble in the station.

The columns at the side of the door are covered in mosaics by A. Gentil and E. Bourdet.

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

lift entrance

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

An alternative way is to use one of the two lifts to the information and ticket office.

 

 

side of building

 

 

 

 

 

The station building from the other side. The roof''s overhang provides some shelter from the rain or sun.

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

underneath roof

 

 

 

The underside of the roof overhang has three rows of inset panels of light brown and blue mosaics made of ceramic tiles. The centre panels have round ceiling lights.

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 corridor

 

 

 

Corridor from the platform.  The walls are tiled in white. The frieze is green with flowers.

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

stairs

 

 

 

When you come to the end of the corridor you can decide whether to take the stairs or the lift. There are over a hundred steps, so choose wisely.

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 


lifts

 

 

 

 

 

The lifts. Definitely the easier option to reach street level.

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

platform

 

 

Entrance to the platforms is from the end.

 

The edge of the platform is marked in white, with no additional yellow line. A row of about 20 cm wide nobbed tiles has been added to warn sight-impaired travellers of the edge.

The ceiling is tiled.

The display panel shows the time until the next metro.

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

seats and platform wall

 

 

 

 

Wall of the platform. The advertising board is surrounded by brown ceramic tiles with a wheat pattern and decorated on the top edge and corners with ceramic flowers.

Seating is provided in the form of yellow plastic seats mounted on a yellow bar.

The station name is stencilled in all upper letters on blue, square tiles in a white ceramic frame.