The station opened on 12 October 1942 with the extension of the line 5 to Église de Pantin. The station is named after Lazare Hoche (1768-1797), who defeated the Austrian army at Woerth in the Alsace region in 1793.
The station is situated in the community of Pantin.
The station sign is in modern green frame, which also includes a map of the metro.
There are no connections from this station.
The entrance of the underground station opens to a wide street.
The fence around the station entrance is made of green metal bars of different lenghts. The entrance is marked by a lamppost of the style Dervaux, which is green with a red sign and a white globe light above it.
The station is equipped with an escalator.
The sturdy metal gates can be closed when the station is shut.
The station has two side platforms.
The ground is painted grey. the edges are marked with a wide white line and a strip with raised knobs.
The curved ceiling is tiled.
The lights are in the Bruno-Gaudin style. The lights in the lower encasings are shining upwards and reflect in the metal of the top level.
The platform name is prined in white letters on blue plastic and surrounded by a white frame. Below it is a map of the transport network.
The chocolate brown advertising frame on the wall is made of ceramic tiles which each have three different thicknesses, giving the feel of three frames.
One of the platforms incorporates a window display about the life of General Lazare Hoche and the battle at Woerth.
A wooden bench has been fixed to the wall underneath an advertising frame. The top of the advertising frame is decorated with several squares stacked on top of each other. The top square has the letter "M" in 3D.