The station opened on 15 October 1998.
It is situated in the 13th arrondissement close to the library François-Mitterrand, which is named after François Mitterrand (1916 - 1996), who was president of the French Republic from 1981 - 1995.
It is served by the metro line 14, which is fully automated. The station was designed by Antoine Grumbach.
Steep escalator and stairs to the exit. The same setup is found opposite, where the escalator descends.
Round hall connecting the RER C and the metro. Passengers can use either the stairs or one of the escalators. Bins have been placed in a line to allow users to drop items while rushing from one form of transport to the next.
Platform line 14
Lit signage with the station name Bibliothèque François Mitterrand in frame on the wall.
Below it is a plan of the area with the metro exits and the metro plan.
The wall is tiled in large light beige square tiles.
Automatic barrier towards the metro. To the right of the doors is the map with the remaining stations towards Saint Lazare. On the left side of the doors are large posters advertising a campaign for courtious behaviour in the metro.
The floor is filed in square pink granite tiles. The edge to the barrier is painted white.
Walkway above the platform with glass sides and ceiling.
Hatches in the ceiling allow access to the trains if necessary.